After my own enlightenment experience on Moak Mountain more than forty years ago, I realized that there is nothing to be enlightened to. But when we’re immersed in our thoughts and emotions, it’s difficult to see the simple truth.
That’s when we can remember the basics: to be healthy. And what do we need to be healthy? We need to eat well and sleep well, and even have an easy time in the bathroom.
With this solid foundation, we can see the world without illusions, and our true selves can be revealed.
I hope you enjoy this lecture clip from 2016 on the nature of enlightenment.
(English interpretation by Michelle Seo.)
- [Video] My Road to Enlightenment
- True Enlightenment Is . . .
- Want Enlightenment? Raise Your Temperature with Concentration
- One-Click Enlightenment. Can Modern Technology Make Enlightenment Faster?
- The Three Gates of Enlightenment