In order to be fully connected, though, there’s another part of ourselves we need to be aware of—our divinity, or our spiritual side.
What I’ve felt through my own meditation and learned through the principles of ancient Korean texts is that within our brain we have a bit of the cosmic energy and pure consciousness that is the creative aspect of the universe. People use many names for this divine aspect, but regardless of what we call it, it connects us all.When we recover our connection to the divine, we can discover the true solution and insight we need to simultaneously solve our individual problems and the Earth’s problems. Click To Tweet
We find this divine energy and consciousness in the pineal gland in the center of our brain, which many spiritual traditions associate with the “third eye” or sixth chakra. The pineal gland can also be thought of as a plug with which we can connect our own divine energy to the source of divine, cosmic energy in the universe.
I believe that by connecting to this divine consciousness, we can know ourselves as we truly are and recover our connection to all things in existence. We can feel how powerful, beautiful, and divinely sacred our essential nature is, and gain a broader perspective, empathy, understanding, and tolerance. I am certain that when we recover our connection to the divine, we can discover the true solution and insight we need to simultaneously solve our individual problems and the Earth’s problems.
To awaken and become aware of your divine consciousness, I recommend grounding yourself by connecting to your body and your soul first. Once you do, you can follow this Pineal Gland Meditation based my book, Connect: How to Find Clarity and Expand Your Consciousness with Pineal Gland Meditation.
Pineal Gland Meditation
- Sit with your back straight and your shoulders relaxed. Close your eyes.
- Lightly tap around your head with your fingertips to open the energy points that connect to your pineal gland/sixth chakra, especially on your forehead, temples, crown, back of head, and base of skull.
- Then face your palms together in front of your chest with a little bit of space between them. Feel any sensation in your palms.
- Separate your palms as you inhale, then bring them closer together as you exhale. Repeat this motion for a few minutes to quiet your mind and attune it to the energy of your body.
- Then raise your palms and place them on either side of your head, facing your skull. Move your hands away from and toward your head repeatedly, feeling the energy between your palms and your head.
- Continue this motion with your palms in front of your face. Then move your hands up along the midline of your head to the top and then down the back of your head.
- Now move your hands freely around your head to send energy into every nook and cranny of your brain. If parts feel a little blocked, spend more time on those places, ensuring that energy can flow throughout your brain.
- Then point the tips of the four fingers on each hand toward your forehead (third eye). Keep a little space between your hands and each finger as well. Imagine energy light rays going from your fingers through the energy point to the pineal gland in the center. Repeat this for the point at the very top of your head.
- Rest your hands on your knees and look at this picture of the LifeParticle Sun. Imagine energy coming from the image going through your forehead and into your pineal gland.
- Now see the energy coming in through the top of your head to your pineal gland, brightening and strengthening the energy there. See this energy descending down your spine, turning into a pillar of energy from the top of your head to the bottom of your trunk. See and feel energy also coming up from below you to the top of your head.
- With your hands on your knees and your eyes closed, bring your awareness to the center of your brain, your pineal gland. Hold your consciousness there until you have a sense of opening, clarity, or brightness—the eye of the pineal gland opening. Observe any thoughts, emotions, or physical sensations you experience at this time. Fully accept anything you experience with gratitude.
- Finally, sweep your hands over your body and complete the meditation with three deep breaths.
- What You Need to See Clearly
- What Is Shinmyung? Celebrating Your Divine Brightness
- Breathe the Divine
- Dreaming of a Divine Community
- I See the Divine in You: Essential Habits of an Earth Citizen