Change your mind to change your energy to change your life.
Despite the current volatility of the economy, we still have a measure of self-determination when it comes to the abundance of resources we have in our lives. That power comes from focusing the mind on what we want while eliminating thinking patterns that contradict our desires. A principle from philosophy of Sundo from ancient Korea explains why this works. It states, “Where mind goes, energy follows.”
When we struggle to achieve our financial goals or fail to attract fulfilling relationships and career opportunities, this principle tells us a little about the root problem. It reveals that if we are lacking something in our lives, we need to change something in our mind and energy.
Understanding Universal Energy
So how does that work? We are made of the same universal energy that gave rise to everything else in the universe. No matter what, we are connected to it or else life would not be possible. Through this connection, we are able to use and move this energy according to our will. However, the content of our minds and habits can block us from accessing it the way we need to.
That’s why, if we want to eliminate our blocks to abundance, we must first understand unequivocally that we are not separate from universal energy. We were born out of this energy, and access to this energy is our birthright. In this sense, we are no different than a billionaire, a president, or a movie star. So, we can allow our inner and outer lives to follow the flow of universal energy. Then we can learn how to direct this flow with our minds. It’s from this flow that abundance comes and creation happen.
Brain-Brightening Energy Meditation
To an extent, we can observe ourselves and change negative patterns of mind and body just through observation and habit creation. However, there may be many subconscious memories and deeply rooted assumptions that are more difficult to change. For example, we may have some hidden childhood memory that caused us to believe we are unworthy of abundance, or we may have been subconsciously affected by the negative beliefs of others, even if we didn’t accept those ideas on the surface. To begin to change these, I recommend practicing this energy visualization:
- Relax and prepare your body as you normally would for any meditation practice. I recommend natural, deep breathing and the traditional half-lotus posture. If the half-lotus is not comfortable, a chair is acceptable, so long as you can keep your back straight. Avoid slouching or leaning back on a backrest.
- Relax your body completely and place your hands with your palms upward on your thighs or knees. Keep your back straight, creating a straight line from the top of your head to your tailbone. Breathe naturally and allow your body to relax.
- Now, imagine that with each breath, bright, golden light is entering your body at the top of your head. Visualize the light entering and cleansing your brain of any darkness. As you exhale, dark and limiting thoughts, traumatic memories, and negative beliefs are expelled. With each breath, your brain becomes brighter until it is shining brightly like the sun.
- Now, visualize the light and the warmth of its glow permeating your body, too, filling it with the fire of creativity and motivation. Notice how your body feels with this visualization.
- After a minute or so, bring your mind back to ordinary awareness, but maintain the feeling as much as possible throughout your day.
The above meditation prepares and purifies the mind so that it is ready to create the life we desire. At first, just practice that part, focusing on purification of the mind. If we practice sincerely, we should begin to feel much greater positivity and confidence. That is the feeling of opening ourselves up to the abundance of the universe. In the beginning, just focus on purifying the mind in this way, and then add on this abundance visualization:
- Prepare your vision for your life carefully first. Ask yourself, “What do I truly want in my life?” Choose carefully whatever is the best first step. For example, you might want to imagine paying off a credit card, acing a job interview, or meeting a new friend.
- Now, complete the Brain-Brightening Energy Meditation as above, but add the image of yourself going through the process of completing this goal, whatever it is you have in mind.
- Visualize that the bright universal energy continues to permeate your body throughout your day, but now it also moves outward into your environment. See the energy moving and circulating in the world, as you both give and receive energy. You are one with the flow of the energy of life, and abundance comes to you naturally.
- After visualizing the completion of your goal, come back into your ordinary awareness, but retain your sense of relaxed confidence and your feeling of connection to energy.
Enjoy Ilchi Lee’s blog posts?
Keep up-to-date with weekly wisdom delivered directly to your email inbox.
Your Mind Is a Creation Machine
Learning to be abundant is about learning to use the principle, “Where mind goes, energy follows,” well. No matter who we are, our minds can move energy in our favor; it is just a matter of realizing and using the power we already have.
Of course, if our minds go in a negative direction, energy will follow that, too. By ridding our minds, including the subconscious mind, of anything that amounts to “I can’t” or “I am unworthy,” we make way for abundance to flow toward the possibilities we imagine. The unseen world of universal energy is like a vast resource that is available to everyone in endless supply, so we might as well start using it to recreate or expand our lives right now.
- Your Mind Can Save You
- Looking with Both Heart and Mind
- Meditation to Connect to Abundance
- If You Choose It, It Will Happen . . . According to the Operating System of the Brain [The Third Rule]